Thursday, November 4, 2010

Welcome to the Nest!

Hi and welcome! You've found the web home of the Ferrell family, the Rabbits' Nest.  We're new to blogging, so please pardon the initial "kid-in-puberty" awkwardness as we find our way. A bit about us:

We are a family of many names, but the basic structure is father, mother, baby, cat, and dog.

Meet Father: His name is Samuel, but he might go by Justin or Rabbit just as often.  In high school, we dated for eight whole days before I decided I couldn't stand him anymore, so I broke up with him...["It's not you, it's me...jk, it's totally you."]  Looking back, we laugh. I was just too insecure to date someone as unique as Rabbit then.  Sometimes he still intimidates me, dancing around the house, singing to the cat in his underwear. He's 23, and has been working at Babies R Us for a number of years.  We got married on Valentines' Day 2009.

Annnnd Mother: Me! I'm Jamie Elizabeth, and like Rabbit, I go by both my names.  My husband always calls me Mama Rabbit though. I'm 22, work as an automotive service advisor for Autoworks of Valdese, and I have a passion for simple living and large families.  There's plenty more to say, but I've got to leave something to write about tomorrow.

Then there's baby! Our daughter, Naomi Leia (like the princess in StarWars).  She's 11 weeks old, and though we think she's just the most awesome thing ever, there's still not much to write about.

Cat and Dog, aka Sasha and Mercedes, are family too.  Currently they annoy the heck out of us, and if anyone in the Valdese area needs some gently used pets, I would consider hooking them up with ours.  Sasha has more personality than many humans I've met, but when she's biting my ankle early morning because she's upset with me, I wonder if this is indeed a good thing. Mercedes is big and sweet and stupid. She barks like a champion.

On a serious note, there's a member of our little family that you all should know about.  His story is, in some ways, the beginning of our story.  Our son, Malachi, would be 17 months old now, but he died last fall of SIDS.  Where we are today came about because of his life and his death.  I will tell you the whole wonderful, terrible, beautiful story in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment